IRIS software runs on a Windows PC with the following specifications:
- Windows 10 is recommended (IRIS 2.0 is a 64 bit application)
- .NET Framework 4.7.2 or newer, and Visual C++ 2019 Runtime. The IRIS installer will download and install these dependencies if necessary.
- Revision 3 Kits require 1x USB port and an Ethernet connection
- Revision 1 & 2 Kits require 2x USB 2.0 or newer ports
- At least 4 GB of RAM
- Modern Intel i5 or i7 CPU (minimum of 2 cores)
IRIS is not compatible with macOS. You may install it on a Bootcamp partition which meets the requirements above.
IRIS will probably not work inside of virtual machine software, as these environments are typically incapable of streaming multi-channel low latency audio.